Friday, June 6, 2008

Do Hard Things

A few days ago, I read Alex and Brett Harris's book, "Do Hard Things" this book inspired me greatly, motivated me to want to do something with myself, and made me want to manage a campaign! in this book, Alex and Brett give examples of problems most teenagers will deal with, "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man;" (1 Corinthians 10:13) and address them in a way that the common teenager can understand. "but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." (1 Corinthians 10:13b) So, from now on, I will be reading a lot more books, and hoping to grow mentally, and spiritually!
And I recommend, that if you have not already, to buy Do Hard Things, and read continuously
http://biblicalblueprints.org/products/Why_Study_Theology-bkl.pdf I would especially like to encourage the teens to read. Very often young people will have "bookophobia" and stay away from books. But how can these lead their family when they grow up? how will they refute wrong ideas? Studying, and especially God's word, will prepare you for the future, and aid you today.

2 comments:

  1. Manage a campaign! Wow! I'm helping out with a campaign now and keep marveling about that young lady who took it ALL on with no experience. Talk about hard things!!

    I noticed you also posted a link to Biblical Blueprints. Do you by any chance attend Dominion Covenant Church? :)

    ReplyDelete